2016 marked the 75th anniversaey of the Lansing Area Agriculture and Natural Resources Club, known to many as the Famers Club. In the sprig of 1941, a group of 24 Lansing area men, landowners and a few agriculture professors, met and formed the Lansing Farmers Club. Prompted by an earlier meeting with a member of the Kalamazoo Farmers Club, they sought to replicate the kind of group already holding educational programs in Kalamazoo, Battle Creek, Flint, Chicago and Detroit. By 1968 membership had grown to 128. Tours sepplementd educational programs usually provided by MSU agricultural staff; two "ladies nights" were held each year until the 1980's when "family memberships" encourage the involvement of women. Of special note is the fact this Club has met at the Okemos Masonic Center since 1948 ans has enjoye meals graciously provided by members of the Order of Eastern Star. Almost from the beginning the club has provided scholarships to MSU students.